- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Tommy Sestito
The Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames engaged in a wild first-period brawl Saturday night which later carried over to Canucks coach John Tortorella being involved in an alternation in the hallway outside of the Flames' dressing room.
The Vancouver Canucks knew what was coming as soon as coach John Tortorella read out the starting lineups.
The Flyers on Monday signed right wing Andreas Nodl and left wing Tom Sestito to contract extensions, and acquired a draft choice from Minnesota in exchange for center Darroll Powe.
Jonathan Sigalet and Mike Blunden scored 26 seconds apart in the first period and the Columbus Blue Jackets won their preseason opener under new coach Scott Arneil, 5-2 over the Atlanta Thrashers on Tuesday night.
"Shanny should have a field day. As far as hits from behind, he should have a field day," he said. "Jody got what, 10 games? This one is worse than that."
"They started their goon squad over there," said Sestito, who leads the NHL with 167 penalty minutes in 47 games. "I just don't think we're going to be backing down from guys."