- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Tony Badran
A leaked Syrian government document shows that the regime orchestrated last month's border clashes with Israel.
Saudi Arabia has abandoned months of behind-the-scenes efforts to resolve Lebanon's political crisis over the international tribunal investigating the 2005 murder of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.
"It's clear that if the Saudis had thought that the Syrians were going to behave in a particular way or have certain intentions vis-a-vis the tribunal in Lebanon and stability there or that they could somehow be played off the Iranians or that the Syrians had any capability to enforce such a policy, that has been proven utterly false," he said.