- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
Latest Tony Bennett Items
Former Indiana Schools Superintendent Tony Bennett's hearing over charges that he violated state ethics laws was pushed back Monday to August as defense attorneys review thousands of pages of evidence turned over by the state inspector general.
Michigan State’s 61-59 victory in the Sweet 16 at Madison Square Garden on Friday night put an abrupt halt to what had been a dream season for the Cavaliers, who finished 30-7, matched the program record for wins, finished first in the ACC during the regular season and won the school’s first conference tournament title in 38 years.
Joe Harris' senior season at Virginia has been something of a love-fest.
Tony Bennett discusses how his team will approach their game against Michigan State in the Sweet Sixteen.
Bennett already has collected $100,000 in bonuses by helping the Cavaliers reach the Sweet 16, according to a Forbes report. With money still on the table, Bennett has the potential to earn a total of $1 million in bonuses in this year's tournament.
A wild and unpredictable weekend even by the NCAA tournament's wacky standards claimed a few more unsuspecting victims on Sunday. This March, it is the nothing new. But Virginia, a No. 1 seed and the ACC champion, had no intention of seeing its memorable season come to an abrupt end in a third-round game against No. 8 seed Memphis at PNC Arena.
Virginia again must deal with being the favorite when it faces No. 8 seed Memphis on Sunday at PNC Arena. Against Coast Carolina the Cavaliers got away with a sloppy start. A similar one could prove costly against the Tigers (24-9), a speedy team that finished third in The American Athletic Conference behind Louisville and Connecticut. The winner advances to the Sweet 16 next Friday at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
Tony Bennett's team was 9-4 after a December loss to Tennessee. Now, it is a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament and poised for a deep run. That's rarified air for a program that has made the tournament just four times since reaching the Elite Eight in 1995.
Bill Moos saw the losses piling up at the same rate as the apathy was growing among Washington State's fans. It was clear that Ken Bone's time as the men's basketball coach was at an end.