- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Tony Hopfinger Items
Alaska scares me. I have only been there once, about five years ago. I was doing a commercial for Alaskan seafood, which I adore. But the producers put me on a tiny raft in the ocean next to a glacier that began to "calve," or break off, and fall into the sea - already terrifyingly choppy - to make the commercial, and I felt close to death every second. The waves were frigid and enormous, and the raft bobbed and pitched dangerously. The calving glacier made it suicide.
Senate candidate Alexi Giannoulias describes himself as someone with the judgment and guts to make his own decisions, but he sometimes passes the buck on political liabilities.