- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
Latest Tony Kushner Items
Maurice Sendak's closest friends gathered in his hospital room _ playwright Tony Kushner, authors Brian Selznick and Gregory Maguire. Kushner brought jellybeans, while Maguire placed a picture of Lewis Carroll on the table beside Sendak's bed.
Maurice Sendak, the children's book author and illustrator who saw the sometimes dark side of childhood in books such as "Where the Wild Things Are" and "In the Night Kitchen," died early Tuesday. He was 83.
Folk music legend Pete Seeger has won a prize and he might just sing a song to celebrate.
A teenager who's campaigning to make it easier for children to see an upcoming documentary about bullying, the producers of the NBC musical drama "Smash" and Lady Gaga were among the winners of Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation media awards announced Saturday.
In a rehearsal room below Lincoln Center Theater, seven singers have gathered around a piano, trying to nail a mash-up of two songs from the musical "Pacific Overtures."
Celebrated playwrights including Stephen Sondheim, Tony Kushner and Edward Albee have joined a fundraiser to mark the anniversary of a devastating earthquake in Japan.
Urging graduates to repair "the public conversation" and rescue society from "grim careerists and ideologues," playwright Tony Kushner on Friday accepted the honorary degree that had briefly been withheld by the city's university system after a trustee accused him of being anti-Israel.
Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tony Kushner has been awarded an honorary degree from the City University of New York, which initially decided to withhold it after a trustee accused him of being anti-Israel.
Tony Kushner won a Pulitzer Prize for "Angels in America," his epic play about the AIDS epidemic, and is a New York literary fixture who has received more than a dozen honorary degrees from American colleges and universities.