- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Tony La Russa
Latest Tony La Russa Items
Allen Craig homers off Derek Holland with one out in the eighth inning and St. Louis trims its deficit to 7-5. The Rangers are four outs from their first World Series championship.
Some of the best basestealers in baseball have the green light to run whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Game 6 of the World Series was postponed Wednesday because of a wet forecast, further dampening a rainy baseball season and delaying the Texas Rangers' bid to clinch their first championship.
Colby Lewis and his Texas teammates casually tossed a ball in left field, trying to avoid the tarp and any anxiety about being so close to the World Series championship.
Bruce Hurst was in his room at the Grand Hyatt in New York when he got the call exactly 25 years ago. Because of a rainout, Boston Red Sox manager John McNamara was switching to him as his starter for Game 7 of the World Series against the New York Mets.
Manager Tony La Russa is taking full responsibility for the bullpen phone mix-up that dearly cost the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series.
Bobby Valentine thought about the bizarre events he had seen in Game 5 of the World Series, when 19th-century technology fouled up Tony La Russa and the St. Louis Cardinals.
Tony La Russa has won a lot of games over a lot of years by deploying relief pitchers differently than most managers. His reputation may have worked against the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 5 of the World Series.
Tony La Russa thought he was making a simple request of the bullpen: get closer Jason Motte ready.