- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Tony Lloyd
Even if only partly believable, the Tom Lewis story is a dreamy one: valiant amateur who still lives at home with his parents (mum says he always keeps his room impeccably tidy) upstaging the gnarly, mega-rich Goliaths of golf at the sport's oldest major.
The Conservative-Liberal Democrat marriage has been kept intact by the parties' mutual commitment to reducing the country's massive deficit, lawmakers from both parties say.
'Christ, who's this lad?'" said Tony Lloyd, a trustee there. "He hit the best drive I've ever seen at Rye Golf Club."
"Manchester has done quite badly on the various cuts that have come through, so there is resentment that this is a very upper-middle-class government," he said, adding that cuts to local governments and law enforcement are particularly worrisome for his constituents.