- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
Latest Toronto Fc Items
Clint Dempsey scored a hat trick, including two goals in the final five minutes of the match and the Seattle Sounders staged a furious late rally to pull out a 4-4 draw with the rival Portland Timbers on Saturday.
Ex-Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe scored twice in the first half of his Major League Soccer debut on Saturday, helping new-look Toronto FC hold off the Seattle Sounders 2-1.
Jermain Defoe retained his place in the England squad for the friendly against Denmark despite his impending move to Canada, but playing in Major League Soccer might harm his chances of making the World Cup.
Toronto FC traded defender Richard Eckersley to the New York Red Bulls on Monday for a fourth-round pick in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft.
TORONTO (AP) — Striker Jermain Defoe has agreed to leave Tottenham and join Major League Soccer's Toronto FC at the end of February.
D.C. United, last in the Eastern Conference, has won just once in its last nine matches after Saturday's 1-1 tie against Toronto FC at RFK Stadium.
Amid the unfamiliarity presented by European clubs' tours of the United States, with teams from around the globe clashing in a slew of exhibitions, Baltimore on Saturday will play host to a more familiar matchup.
NEW YORK _ LA Galaxy midfielder Michael Stephens and forward Mike Magee have been suspended one game and fined for actions during a match against Houston.
Toronto FC has signed defender Richard Eckersley, who had previously been on loan to the team from England's Burnley.