- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Toronto Fc Items
Clint Dempsey scored a hat trick, including two goals in the final five minutes of the match and the Seattle Sounders staged a furious late rally to pull out a 4-4 draw with the rival Portland Timbers on Saturday.
Ex-Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe scored twice in the first half of his Major League Soccer debut on Saturday, helping new-look Toronto FC hold off the Seattle Sounders 2-1.
Jermain Defoe retained his place in the England squad for the friendly against Denmark despite his impending move to Canada, but playing in Major League Soccer might harm his chances of making the World Cup.
Toronto FC traded defender Richard Eckersley to the New York Red Bulls on Monday for a fourth-round pick in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft.
TORONTO (AP) — Striker Jermain Defoe has agreed to leave Tottenham and join Major League Soccer's Toronto FC at the end of February.
D.C. United, last in the Eastern Conference, has won just once in its last nine matches after Saturday's 1-1 tie against Toronto FC at RFK Stadium.
Amid the unfamiliarity presented by European clubs' tours of the United States, with teams from around the globe clashing in a slew of exhibitions, Baltimore on Saturday will play host to a more familiar matchup.
NEW YORK _ LA Galaxy midfielder Michael Stephens and forward Mike Magee have been suspended one game and fined for actions during a match against Houston.
Toronto FC has signed defender Richard Eckersley, who had previously been on loan to the team from England's Burnley.