- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Toronto Maple Leafs
Randy Carlyle acknowledged the standing ovation with a brief wave of his hand, thanking the Anaheim fans in his usual understated manner for their appreciation of his tenure behind the Ducks' bench.
Nazem Kadri and the Toronto Maple Leafs view the first period as the most important 20 minutes of the game.
The Rangers had been trying to sign Callahan, who can become an unrestricted free agent this summer, but weren't able to reach an agreement with the gritty forward.
The New York Rangers and Tampa Bay Lightning pulled off the biggest deal on NHL trade deadline day Wednesday, swapping captains Ryan Callahan and Martin St. Louis.
The Columbus Blue Jackets took advantage of a second-period lapse by the Toronto Maple Leafs and skated off with a one-goal victory.
The Montreal Canadiens appeared to be in some trouble when goalie Carey Price was injured just after helping Canada win the gold medal at the Olympics.
Peter Budaj will make a third straight start in goal when the Montreal Canadiens host the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.
The New York Islanders have been on the losing end of many roller-coaster finishes this season. So Lubomir Visnovsky's overtime goal lifting them to a wild 5-4 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs was especially satisfying.
The University of Michigan is holding talks about bringing top soccer teams Real Madrid and Manchester United to the 109,901-seat Michigan Stadium on Aug. 2 as part of the International Champions Cup.
No team that went unbeaten in group play has won an Olympic gold medal since the NHL joined the games in 1998. Every champion was forced to regroup after getting beaten early in the tournament, from the Czech Republic in 1998 to the host Canadians four years ago in Vancouver.
After seeing his Capitals teammates score first for their countries on Thursday morning, perhaps Martin Erat took note. He notched the Czech Republic's first goal on Friday.
Phil Kessel had the winning goal after nearly fighting a familiar foe.
Valtteri Filppula of Finland will miss the Olympics after the Tampa Bay Lightning center was hurt in a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Toronto Maple Leafs are tightening the race for second place in the Atlantic Division.