- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Toronto Maple Leafs
Latest Toronto Maple Leafs Items
It's a rare achievement for a world leader to write a book while in office. It's a rarer achievement still when the book isn't a personal memoir, but rather concentrates on a radically different topic. Stephen Harper, Canada's 22nd prime minister, has done just that. Over the course of seven years, he has created the ultimate labor of love: a volume about his favorite sport.
Ten former National Hockey League players, including All-Star forward Gary Leeman, claimed in a class-action lawsuit that the league hasn't done enough to protect players from concussions.
Alex Ovechkin continued his torrid scoring pace and the Caps fired a season-high 50 shots, but still came away with just one point.
Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer made 49 saves and Joffrey Lupul scored the winner in the shootout to lift Toronto to a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals.
Capitals center Mikhail Grabovski said he still considers Toronto his second home. He has something to prove to his old coach.
Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby prides himself in bouncing back from losses. He'll get that chance tonight in Toronto.
Capitals rookie Tom Wilson will be surrounded by family and friends tonight when he returns to his hometown of Toronto.
Ward's goal-scoring isn't as big a surprise if you go back to the three seasons he spent with Nashville before joining the Caps. He had at least 10 in all three seasons, with a high of 17 in 2008-09. He's on pace for about 36 this season if he can manage to continue at his current rate.
Nov. 8 _ Hockey Hall of Fame game: New Jersey Devils at Toronto Maple Leafs