- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Town Council
A town council is a democratically elected form of government for small municipalities or civil parishes. A council may serve as both the representative and executive branch. - Source: Wikipedia
From the cluttered back stoop of Raqeebah Amatallah's one-story farmhouse in rural Stevens County, it's hard to see how the snow-covered wooden structure about 50 yards away could prompt years of legal battles.
Sorrento voters could be faced with an interesting decision Nov. 4 - elect a new police chief or do away with the position altogether, allowing the town to hire another agency to do the job.
Westerly has withdrawn one of three cease and desist orders in a dispute with a quarry company as the two sides seek a settlement.
Basalt officials are hoping a monument made of basalt and an art piece that will be placed at the main entrance to the town will draw visitors to turn off major highways and stop downtown.
Bethany Beach Mayor Tony McClenny says he is stepping down to undergo treatment for a brain tumor.
A longtime northern New Jersey mayor who died after collapsing in his town hall office has been laid to rest.
The longtime mayor of a northern New Jersey town has died after collapsing in his office at Town Hall.
Supporters of the 375-seat Derry Opera House in New Hampshire say it needs a face-lift.
Tazewell officials are looking to restore and repurpose an old freight and passenger train station.
A Mount Pleasant high school student is pushing for a law requiring pickup truck drivers to secure their dogs in the truck bed.
The town of Jackson is considering making some changes of its own at the base of the Snow King ski area.
It will soon be legal to openly carry a firearm in public buildings and parks in Castle Rock after the Town Council repealed a ban over the objections of a majority of the police department and town staffers.
The Sorrento Police Department is still without liability insurance but the town council has one insurance proposal to consider and a second proposal expected within the week.
Workers have moved from a southern Indiana community's Town Hall because it was badly damaged by flooding last month.
Stratford officials have approved a $4.1 million settlement of a lawsuit filed by the family of a 13-year-old boy who was struck and killed by a town dump truck in 2008.