- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Town Council
A town council is a democratically elected form of government for small municipalities or civil parishes. A council may serve as both the representative and executive branch. - Source: Wikipedia
A successful petition drive has put on hold a new ordinance in Castle Rock that allows people to openly carry firearms in public buildings and parks.
A Mount Pleasant high school student is pushing for a law requiring pickup truck drivers to secure their dogs in the truck bed.
It will soon be legal to openly carry a firearm in public buildings and parks in Castle Rock after the Town Council repealed a ban over the objections of a majority of the police department and town staffers.
The Sorrento Police Department is still without liability insurance but the town council has one insurance proposal to consider and a second proposal expected within the week.
Sorrento's mayor and four of five Town Council members are calling for Police Chief Earl Theriot Jr. to resign and disputed the chief's claims that the council and mayor "colluded against his department to ensure its demise."
Officials in Culpeper, Va., decided to create a new public relations branding campaign, and tourism officials suggested they go with a new, less "political" emblem. The problem: The town's existing logo — the famous Revolutionary War-era rattlesnake and "Don't Tread On Me" combination — had been "hijacked" by the conservative tea party movement, staffers said.
A civil liberties group is getting ready to take legal action against the town of Brentwood for reciting the Lord's Prayer in council meetings — a practice the group says is unconstitutional.
With the final Town Council seat in the small Phoenix-area town of Cave Creek on the line, two candidates who tied with 660 votes apiece in a May runoff cut cards to decide the race.
A Herndon Town Council public hearing on the future of a taxpayer-funded day-laborer center moved toward midnight last night, as dozens of speakers signed up to discuss several proposals including a provision to require the center's new operator to verify workers' legal status.
FRONT ROYAL, Va. — This small Shenandoah Valley town must wait to become a battleground for the growing public debate about whether the General Assembly overreached in assessing high fees for Virginia drivers who break the law. The Town Council last night postponed a decision on whether to stop its 36-officer police force from enforcing most "abuser fees" laws for motorists.