- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Tracy Caccavella
TINLEY PARK, Ill. (AP) — Gunfire erupted at a store in a suburban Chicago strip mall yesterday, killing five persons and prompting police to sweep through nearby shops looking for a suspect as terrified customers looked on.
"Six police entered the store with their hands on their gun holsters," Miss Caccavella said.