- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Travis Boyd Items
Taken in the 2011 draft, Travis Boyd stood out in his fourth development camp with the Capitals. More here from CSN Insider Chuck Gormley.
Last summer, prospect Travis Boyd drew praise from Washington Capitals general manager George McPhee for his smarts and guts during the the team's development camp. A sixth-round pick in June's draft, the young forward was a pleasant surprise.
Washington Capitals development camp is hockey in July — a chance for prospects to learn and to impress coaches, scouts and members of the front office. Saturday's scrimmage was the final chance to do that.
On Friday night the Washington Capitals made their biggest impact on the NHL draft by getting out of the first round and picking up a player in Troy Brouwer who can help right away.