- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Travis Snider
The all-new 2013 Chevrolet Spark, a city car offered in bold hues such as Jalapeno, Salsa Red, Lemonade, Denim Blue and Techno Pink, will pace nearly 10,000 runners in The Color Run this Saturday and Sunday at the Aviator Sports Center in Brooklyn, the first of numerous Spark-paced races across the country.
Alex Rodriguez sustained a broken left hand when he was hit by a pitch from Seattle ace Felix Hernandez in the Mariners' 4-2 win over the New York Yankees on Tuesday night.
Previewing the American League.
The Toronto Blue Jays have traded outfielder Juan Rivera to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations.
John Farrell took over the Toronto Blue Jays with zero experience as a manager anywhere in the major or minor leagues. That has its upside, he said.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
"It's very exciting when you get to talk to him about what he's seen in the way that (opposing pitchers) attack you," Snider said. "He can see the strengths and weaknesses that you can work on."
Left fielder Travis Snider said that because Farrell was a pitching coach in the AL East the last couple of years he understands how the players hit.