- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Tre Mason
The Auburn Tigers landed highly rated recruits at positions where they could use immediate help, and a top-10 class they're hoping will be a springboard to more success.
Racean Thomas's senior year keeps getting better.
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Auburn tailback Tre Mason, who helped power the Tigers into the national championship game, is skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft.
Jameis Winston threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to Kelvin Benjamin with 13 seconds left and No. 1 Florida State beat No. 2 Auburn 34-31 to win the last BCS national championship game on Monday night.
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — The Auburn Tigers know there's only one way to top this season.
No. 1 Florida State beat No. 2 Auburn 34-31 to win the last BCS national championship game on Monday night.
Jameis Winston smiled and laughed, posing for pictures with the other Heisman Trophy finalists and the big bronze statue that he is expected to take home.
Winston, Northern Illinois' Jordan Lynch, Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel, Alabama's AJ McCarron, Auburn's Tre Mason and Boston College's Andre Williams were named Monday. Six finalists invited to the ceremony in New York are the most since 1994.
Jameis Winston will have plenty of company at the Heisman Trophy ceremony _ though he's not expected to have much competition.
A week ago, the Southeastern Conference looked as though it had finally been vanquished.
Mason rushed for 304 yards and four touchdowns, leading No. 3 Auburn to a wild 59-42 victory over No. 5 Missouri in a Southeastern Conference title showdown Saturday that looked more like a video game.
A&M (5-2, 2-2 SEC) had a last chance, but Manziel, the Heisman Trophy winner, was sacked by Dee Ford on fourth down to secure the win.
Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSU's offense this early in the season is a matter for debate.
"I welcome him with open arms," said running back Tre Mason, a third-round pick. "Everyone's entitled to who they want to love, and he's a man of his own and he's entitled to do that. We're a team, and he's also a family member to us and to me now."
Then, Heisman Trophy finalist Tre Mason announced he was leaving early to enter the NFL draft, giving Thomas a better opportunity to compete for early carries with players like returnees Cameron Artis-Payne and Corey Grant.