- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Trever Miller
The St. Louis Cardinals, who have faced pitching questions all the way back to spring training, pulled of a three-team trade Wednesday to beef up their rotation with right-hander Edwin Jackson.
The St. Louis Cardinals addressed a pitching shortage Wednesday that dates to spring training, acquiring right-hander Edwin Jackson in a three-team trade that cost them starting center fielder Colby Rasmus.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon talks all the time about trying to turn Tropicana Field into the "the Pit" — a ballpark that is a miserable place for opposing teams to play.
"You need a pitching performance like we got," manager Joe Maddon said after Garza, Trever Miller and Troy Percival combined on Tampa Bay's sixth shutout of the season, all of them at Tropicana Field.