- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest trevor immelman Items
Webb Simpson shot a 1-under 69 on Saturday and is tied for third heading into the final round of the McGladrey Classic.
The signs still said the Open and Royal St. George's but, other than that, the place was virtually unrecognizable and absurdly wet.
Masters Charl Schwartzel would figure to rank among the British Open favorites.
The 111th U.S. Open got under way Thursday morning under drizzling skies at Congressional Country Club.
Louis Oosthuizen was 12 and Charl Schwartzel was 10 when they played their first round of golf together. It was a tournament at Randpark Golf Club in Johannesburg, South Africa, and Oosthuizen already had a reputation as a hotshot junior _ in more ways than one.
The 156-man field for the 111th U.S. Open, which starts Thursday at Congressional Country Club (players listed only in the first category for which they are eligible. a-amateur):
Masters champion Charl Schwartzel first showed his potential on a big stage last year in the World Golf Championship at Doral when he went toe-to-toe with Ernie Els until losing ground at the end.
South African President Jacob Zuma has congratulated Charl Schwartzel for winning the Masters.
It was 12:48 a.m. Monday morning in South Africa when Charl Schwartzel sealed his first major title with a birdie on the last hole at the Masters.