- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Latest Troy Brouwer Items
With one huge goal from Nicklas Backstrom and 72 saves from Braden Holtby, the Washington Capitals are even with the Boston Bruins. After a couple of close games at TD Garden, the Caps have made it clear they can hang with the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Braden Holtby was brilliant, and his Washington Capitals teammates knew it. As the Boston Bruins celebrated their 1-0 overtime victory, Caps players consoled their young goaltender who was the prime reason they even had a chance to steal Game 1 at TD Garden on Thursday night.
It may not be an irresistible force meeting an immovable object, but it's hard to argue with NBC analyst Pierre McGuire's assertion that Alex Ovechkin vs. Zdeno Chara is a "titanic battle."
Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals were loose. They were loose at the morning skate at United Center after a day off and then again when they stepped onto the ice for pregame warm-ups.
Troy Brouwer left a part of himself in Chicago. He still owns a house here, renting it to John Scott before the defenseman was traded at the deadline.
Mike Knuble was already in the penalty box for holding. Then, Brooks Laich sent the puck sailing over the glass from the defensive zone.
The video board at MTS Centre's message was clear before Friday night's showdown: "The loudest fans in the NHL are ready for the biggest game of the year." Biggest game of the year for both the Washington Capitals and Winnipeg Jets.
This was it: the Washington Capitals' chance to make good on one game in hand and trim the deficits they were facing in the Southeast Division and Eastern Conference playoff race.
Dale Hunter likes to keep talking about every night being a playoff game for the Washington Capitals. Sunday, it actually felt like it.