- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Troy Smith
The San Francisco 49ers have hit the desperation stage of their season.
Buffalo finally has a win. To get it, the Bills had to extend a record losing streak by their opponent.
Ravens safety Ed Reed will miss the first six weeks of the NFL season after being placed on the reserve physically unable to perform list Saturday.
On a day Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford found out he'll be the starting quarterback for the St. Louis Rams, Heisman winners Matt Leinart and Troy Smith found themselves looking for new teams.
"There's definitely some things I wish I could take back," Smith said. "We could have done some things better."
"When you're part of a team that has nothing but a winning tradition, you want to keep that going as a quarterback," Smith said, overlooking the 49ers' current seven-year absence from the playoffs. "There's too many tremendous athletes here to not share, for everybody to not have the opportunity to make a play."