- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Topic - Tubby Smith
Minnesota's first postseason under coach Richard Pitino will be in the NIT, just like his predecessor Tubby Smith.
Texas Tech ended its 3-point drought when it mattered most, sinking two in the final 2 minutes on Saturday to secure its first win against Texas since 2008.
In 23 years as a head coach, Tubby Smith has never had a losing season.
Texas Tech had turned its season around with three straight wins in one of the toughest leagues in the country.
Looks like Texas Tech and veteran coach Tubby Smith have figured things out.
It had been seven years since Texas Tech drew a sellout crowd at home. The arena was packed Saturday night, though, and that fueled the Red Raiders to their second win over a Top 25 team in less than a month.
Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith was disappointed in his team's defense in the Red Raiders loss to No. 25 Oklahoma on Saturday.
All the things coach Tubby Smith has been stressing finally came together for Texas Tech on Wednesday night.
Tubby Smith has joined what was already an impressive roster of men's basketball coaches in the Big 12.
Richard Pitino might not have been the first choice by Minnesota to replace Tubby Smith, and questions about favoritism could follow him the rest of his career.
Minnesota has picked Richard Pitino, the son of Louisville coach Rick Pitino, to take over for Tubby Smith.
He will take over for interim coach Chris Walker, who went 11-20 this season and 3-15 in Big 12 play. The program is still reeling from Billy Gillispie's volatile one-year tenure, which ended when he resigned in September.
The Minnesota Golden Gophers were ranked as high eighth in the country, and then they weren't ranked at all. They beat No. 1 Indiana, and then they lost to Nebraska.
Tubby Smith drew some criticism in his first five seasons in Minnesota for a substitution pattern that often looked more like a hockey philosophy.
The Minnesota Supreme Court overturned a $1 million award against the University of Minnesota and men's basketball coach Tubby Smith on Wednesday, ruling that although they treated a prospective assistant coach unfairly, they couldn't be held financially responsible for backing out of a job offer that Smith lacked the authority to make.
"It's a rude awakening, your first experience at this Big 12 tournament," Smith said with a shrug. "A lot of credit to Oklahoma State. They were ready."
"This league," Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith said, "is by far the toughest in the country."