- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Tubby Smith
Minnesota's first postseason under coach Richard Pitino will be in the NIT, just like his predecessor Tubby Smith.
Texas Tech ended its 3-point drought when it mattered most, sinking two in the final 2 minutes on Saturday to secure its first win against Texas since 2008.
In 23 years as a head coach, Tubby Smith has never had a losing season.
Texas Tech had turned its season around with three straight wins in one of the toughest leagues in the country.
Looks like Texas Tech and veteran coach Tubby Smith have figured things out.
It had been seven years since Texas Tech drew a sellout crowd at home. The arena was packed Saturday night, though, and that fueled the Red Raiders to their second win over a Top 25 team in less than a month.
Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith was disappointed in his team's defense in the Red Raiders loss to No. 25 Oklahoma on Saturday.
All the things coach Tubby Smith has been stressing finally came together for Texas Tech on Wednesday night.
Tubby Smith has joined what was already an impressive roster of men's basketball coaches in the Big 12.
Richard Pitino might not have been the first choice by Minnesota to replace Tubby Smith, and questions about favoritism could follow him the rest of his career.
Minnesota has picked Richard Pitino, the son of Louisville coach Rick Pitino, to take over for Tubby Smith.
He will take over for interim coach Chris Walker, who went 11-20 this season and 3-15 in Big 12 play. The program is still reeling from Billy Gillispie's volatile one-year tenure, which ended when he resigned in September.
The Minnesota Golden Gophers were ranked as high eighth in the country, and then they weren't ranked at all. They beat No. 1 Indiana, and then they lost to Nebraska.
Tubby Smith drew some criticism in his first five seasons in Minnesota for a substitution pattern that often looked more like a hockey philosophy.
The Minnesota Supreme Court overturned a $1 million award against the University of Minnesota and men's basketball coach Tubby Smith on Wednesday, ruling that although they treated a prospective assistant coach unfairly, they couldn't be held financially responsible for backing out of a job offer that Smith lacked the authority to make.
"It's a rude awakening, your first experience at this Big 12 tournament," Smith said with a shrug. "A lot of credit to Oklahoma State. They were ready."
"This league," Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith said, "is by far the toughest in the country."