- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Tunisia Items
The United States shut down its embassy in Libya on Saturday and evacuated its diplomats to neighboring Tunisia under U.S. military escort amid a significant deterioration in security in Tripoli as fighting intensified between rival militias, the State Department said.
Two dozen white-clad Imperial Troopers and other Star Wars characters marched Wednesday down a stately, tree-lined avenue in Tunis - a site where activists once fought riot police during the 2011 Arab Spring revolutions.
With its injured striker Radamel Falcao watching from the stands, World Cup-bound Colombia drew 1-1 Wednesday in a friendly international against Tunisia in Barcelona.
A medical flight from Libya crashed in a field near Tunis before dawn Friday after an engine caught fire, killing all 11 Libyans on board, Tunisia's civil defense said.
Cape Verde has lost its legal bid to be reinstated in the World Cup.
Tunisia's National Guard stormed suspected militants in two houses in a seaside suburb of Tunis on Tuesday to end a daylong standoff, and seven radicals and one member of the security force were killed.
For ordinary people of the Middle East and North Africa, the events of the Arab Spring were driven as much by a frustration at the lack of economic opportunity as they were a discontent with authoritarian, repressive regimes in the region. After all, the popular uprisings were triggered by the self-immolation of Mohamed Bouazizi, a Tunisian fruit vendor who had been repeatedly harassed by local authorities.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration for the first time on Friday identified two militant groups in Libya, including one led by a former Guantanamo Bay detainee, as being allegedly involved in the attack in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — Authorities say the Tunisian coast guard fired on three Egyptian fishing boats intercepted in Tunisia's territorial waters, killing one boat's captain.