- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Turner Field
The sound was sickening, the ball smacking off the head of an 8-year-old boy.
The Atlanta Braves released renderings of their new suburban stadium Wednesday, a ballpark that will seat 41,500 and be surrounded by plenty of revenue-generating amenities.
Georgia State University would buy Turner Field and nearby parking lots after the Atlanta Braves move to Cobb County, under a proposal announced Wednesday.
The Atlanta Braves will no longer allow some off-duty police officers to carry guns at Turner Field, which has prompted objections.
Denard Span was placed on the 7-day concussion DL after a scary collision with Dan Uggla during Friday night's game.
Thoughts on Tyler Clippard's struggles, Jayson Werth's groin injury and Ryan Zimmerman's eventful night at third base.
The Nationals and Braves played yet another tight, wild ballgame Friday night. And the Nats once again came up on the wrong end.
Welcome to Atlanta, where the players play _ as long as the stadium where they play isn't much more than two decades old.
Although details of a financing plan haven't been made public yet, Cobb County leaders say the benefits of luring the Braves away from Atlanta are worth any potential financial risk.
When Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed found out a neighboring community had made a generous offer to help finance a new Braves stadium, he balked and said the city simply couldn't compete.
There was no way the Atlanta Braves were going to stay in downtown without city taxpayers spending hundreds of millions of dollars, Mayor Kasim Reed says.
Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed said Tuesday during a press conference that the stadium will not be left vacant after the team starts playing at a new field in Cobb County.
The city of Atlanta will demolish Turner Field and rebuild in its place a large-scale development after the Braves leave for a new stadium in the suburbs in 2017, the mayor said Tuesday.
The Braves announced Monday they are leaving Turner Field and moving into a new 42,000-seat, $672 million stadium about 10 miles from downtown Atlanta in 2017. It's not clear how much it will cost taxpayers.
Turner Field had a signature moment right at the start _ a trembling Muhammad Ali emerging from the shadows to ignite the flame that opened the 1996 Summer Olympics. In the years that followed, the Atlanta Braves hosted many memorable events of their own, from the World Series and All-Star game to the farewells of Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones.