- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Tuukka Rask
Corey Crawford started every single playoff game when the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup last year. Detroit had Jimmy Howard in goal, Jonathan Quick was in net for Los Angeles, Boston had Tuukka Rask, and Crawford beat each one of them.
A capsule look at the second round of the NHL playoffs (all times EDT):
The stingy defense the Boston Bruins played all season was even better in the first round of the playoffs.
The regular season wasn't much of a struggle for the Boston Bruins, and neither was their first-round playoff series against the Detroit Red Wings.
The Boston Bruins took a couple punches, then hit back hard and put the Detroit Red Wings on the brink of elimination.
The Boston Bruins overcame a two-goal deficit to win Game 4 of their playoff series in Detroit. Now the Red Wings must overcome a two-game deficit to keep their season alive.
Colorado's Semyon Varlamov, Tampa Bay's Ben Bishop, and Boston's Tuukka Rask are finalists for the Vezina Trophy, given to the NHL's top goalie.
The Boston Bruins have held the Detroit Red Wings to historically poor offensive production.
The Boston Bruins took full advantage of Detroit's mistakes, and their stellar goaltender's flawless performance.
The Boston Bruins worked all season to get home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.
The Boston Bruins had the NHL's best record, allowed the second fewest goals and scored the third most.
The NHL-leading Boston Bruins followed their game plan of keeping Gustav Nyquist in front of them for more than two periods.
There is no secret to Boston's road success. The Bruins play their system and play it well no matter where they play.
The Boston Bruins weren't content with a one-goal lead, not against the team that erased that same deficit to win the Stanley Cup in their building.
For the first time in seven games, the Boston Bruins actually fell behind.
Being nominated, "is great recognition. but everybody knows we're a team-first team and this is something that comes after the biggest trophy," Rask said. "You don't get these nominations or wins for the trophies without your teammates."
"We accomplished something on the road we really wanted to do," said Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask, who was named one of the three Vezina Trophy finalists on Friday. "We have a chance to close the series at home. It's an opportunity we really have to use, and it won't be easy, but seeing how our game has improved during this series, it's a good sign."