- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Tyrone Corbin
Former North Carolina State basketball coach Sidney Lowe was arrested Monday and charged with failing to file his North Carolina state income taxes for three years.
With less than two minutes remaning Saturday and the Wizards losing to the Utah Jazz, Verizon Center fans stood and cheered in loud, excited voices. But they weren't cheering a comeback effort by the home team or even an outstanding play.
Doc Rivers was a little surprised by the number, though not by the trend.
The Utah Jazz likened Enes Kanter to a "bull in a china shop," one they felt fortunate to grab with the No. 3 overall pick in Thursday night's NBA draft.
Kemba Walker and Jimmer Fredette never made it onto the same court during their last year of college hoops. It finally happened behind closed doors at the Utah Jazz practice facility.
Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said the chance to pick No. 3 in June's draft means the team is coming back _ a season after losing Hall of Famer Jerry Sloan, All-Star Deron Williams and a record-setting 43 games.
Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin shouts to his team in the first quarter of an NBA basketball game against the Portland Trail Blazers, Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, in Salt Lake City.
Utah Jazz's coach Tyrone Corbin shouts to his team in the second half during an NBA basketball game against the Indiana Pacers Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, in Salt Lake City.