- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Ubaya Medawala
Three containers filled with explosives meant for road construction detonated Friday outside a police station in eastern Sri Lanka, killing 25 people, most of them police officers, in a blast government officials called an accident.
The blast killed 16 policemen and nine civilians — including two Chinese citizens — and wounded 52 others, he said.
Maj. Gen. Medawala said it was not nclear what triggered the explosion of the containers, which were stored by the police station in the Batticaloa district for safety reasons.