- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
Latest Ukraine Items
Russian President Vladimir Putin loomed over the catastrophe of a downed Malaysia Airlines passenger jet from the start Thursday, as Russian news agencies reported that he was the first to inform President Obama of the crash and he quickly placed blame on his adversaries in the Ukrainian government.
Russian combat forces are again building their presence along the Ukraine border, fueling speculation that military activity there could escalate.
Separatist rebels said they retook a village near the Russian border from government forces Wednesday as both sides pressed to claim territory in eastern Ukraine.
President Obama announced new economic sanctions Wednesday against Russia, hitting major energy, financial and defense companies in a bid to end fighting in eastern Ukraine at the end of a day in which the Pentagon accused the Kremlin of gathering more forces at the border and a British newspaper reported that Moscow would reactivate a Cold War era spy base in Cuba.
Should U.S. taxpayers' money go to producing a promotional video for the Voice of America (VOA) Urdu Service featuring a zombie dressed as Uncle Sam, while a VOA English News video fails to show Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. John McCain visiting Ukraine?
The United States is considering imposing unilateral sanctions on Russia over its threatening moves in Ukraine, a shift in strategy that reflects the Obama administration's frustration with Europe's reluctance to take tougher action against Moscow, according to U.S. and European officials.
A Ukrainian military transport plane was shot down Monday along the country's eastern border with Russia, the defense minister said.
Senate Democrats and Republicans pressed the Obama administration for clarity Wednesday on why it has not been more aggressive in using economic sanctions to deter ongoing Russian meddling in Ukraine.
International soccer blared across many television screens during a recent two-week visit to three former Soviet republics and Turkey on a think-tank research trip and speaking tour.