- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest U.N. Court Items
With the 60-day Washington state legislative session more than half over, one bill related to immigration has been sent to Gov. Jay Inslee for his signature. Both the House and Senate have given final approval to the measure, which would expand college financial aid to include students who were brought to the state illegally as children.
A Nebraska judge threw a major hurdle in front of the Keystone XL oil pipeline Wednesday, setting into motion yet another review of the $7 billion project and pushing President Obama’s eventual final decision even further down the road.
The Oklahoma Senate has approved a bill intended to protect the visitation rights of parents who do not have custody of their children.
South Carolina coach Dawn Staley always knew her fourth-ranked Gamecocks would compete with the very best teams in the country and the Southeastern Conference - just maybe not this year.
Todd Harrell, a founding member and bassist for 3 Doors Down facing a vehicular homicide case in Tennessee, was arrested Tuesday night on a DUI charge in Mississippi, according to police.
Hundreds of students from a Roman Catholic school are asking the Michigan Supreme Court to give some prisoners a chance at release, saying they "know, live and acknowledge" how teenagers commit impulsive acts.
Playing with a smaller lineup, not coach Randy Wittman's ejection late in the fourth quarter, energized the Wizards to make a run and it might be something to consider for the last 29 games.
Cavaliers guard Dion Waiters is out for Cleveland's game against the Orlando Magic with a hyperextended left knee.
Venus Williams pummeled Ana Ivanovic 6-2, 6-1 in a second-round match between former world No. 1s at the Dubai Championships on Wednesday.