- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest U.N. Court Items
President Obama spent Thursday morning at the National Prayer Breakfast exhorting the country's leaders to rise above partisan politics and come together to solve problems. By afternoon, he was challenging Republicans to a public duel over raising taxes to solve the nation's budget woes.
President Obama's pick of Sally Jewell as his new interior secretary immediately drew praise from the environmental community and even some in the oil and gas sector.
There is no credible evidence that Chris Brown completed the community service he was required to do in the beating of Rihanna, and he should be forced to repeat six months of manual labor in Los Angeles, prosecutors told a judge Tuesday.
Cody Zeller finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds, and Victor Oladipo added 15 points, leading the third-ranked Hoosiers to an 81-73 victory against Michigan on a day that the nation's top two teams lost. The results will likely send Indiana back to the No. 1 spot, which it held for the first seven weeks this season.
Five men pleaded not guilty Saturday after being formally indicted in a special court on 13 charges, including rape and murder, in the fatal gang rape of a woman in a New Delhi bus, a lawyer said.
San Antonio Spurs All-Star Tim Duncan sprained his left knee and right ankle after getting tangled with an opponent and had to be helped off the court in the first half of Saturday night's game against the Wizards.
San Antonio Spurs All-Star Tim Duncan injured his left knee and had to be helped off the court in the first half of Saturday night's game against the Wizards.
The United States is one win away from advancing. Bob and Mike Bryan, the world's No. 1 ranked doubles team, will take on Brazil's Marcelo Melo and Bruno Soares on Saturday, followed by Sunday's reverse singles.
Never mind that a federal appeals court just ruled that the Obama administration is setting impossibly high production goals for cellulosic biofuels production. The Environmental Protection Agency just ramped up the standards even higher, from 8.7 million gallon mandates for 2012 to 14 million gallons by the end of this year.