- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
U.N. Security Council
Latest U.N. Security Council Items
Russia and China won't declare Iran's recent missile tests a violation of U.N. rules, effectively blocking the global body from imposing any new sanctions on the country, diplomats say.
Southeast Asian diplomats have not abandoned hope that this week's annual Asian security summit will provide a chance for North Korea and its neighbors to discuss restarting long-dormant disarmament talks on Pyongyang's nuclear weapons program, according to a joint statement released Sunday.
Susan E. Rice this week denounced the U.N. Security Council for failing to condemn Syria's government, calling its inaction a "moral and strategic disgrace," in her final remarks as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
Underlying the chaotic situation throughout the Middle East is the Obama administration's dysfunctional political strategy of switching sides in the Arab Spring revolutionary wars.
The military commander of al Qaeda's affiliate in Yemen is threatening new attacks against America, saying its people will never be safe until the U.S. government stops "attacking and oppressing" Muslim countries.
Syria's opposition called Russia "a partner in the murder of innocent civilians," as rebels in a besieged town near the border with Lebanon on Monday accused Syrian troops and their Lebanese Hezbollah allies of killing 300 and wounding 1,300.
Hundreds of Syrian rebels have poured into a besieged town near the border with Lebanon in preparation for a "great battle" against President Bashar Assad's forces and their Lebanese Hezbollah militant allies, the Syrian opposition said Friday.
The Syrian rebels' top military commander says more than 12,000 Lebanese Hezbollah militants have infiltrated Syria and are fighting alongside President Bashar Assad's forces.
North Korea fired three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters on Saturday, a South Korean official said. It routinely tests such missiles, but the latest launches came during a period of tentative diplomacy aimed at easing tensions.