- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Unified Police
Prosecutors have cleared a Unified police officer who shot a man after he fired at officers after an encounter at a bank.
Police say nobody was hurt when officers exchanged gunfire with a man suspected of forgery in Magna.
Police say an elderly Midvale couple apparently died partly from exposure to the cold after losing power to their home.
A Kearns man has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in a chain-reaction accident that killed a 3-year-old boy in Taylorsville.
Police say a boy was rescued after falling through the ice of a Syracuse pond, but not after one of his rescuers also went down into the frigid, waist-deep water.
A Salt Lake City soccer referee died Saturday after he was punched in the face by a teenage player during a game and later slipped into a coma.
The parents of a family musical group were injured when their Porsche plunged into a Utah canyon days after the father was charged with sexual abuse.