- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Union Station Items
Government waste is so prevalent that it rarely comes as a surprise. Bureaucrats partying at public expense, inefficient labor-union contracts and massive cost overruns are the natural consequence of giving civil servants the ability to spend money earned by others.
Amtrak unveiled Wednesday a massive $7 billion plan to expand Union Station that has many tentative components -- including how to pay for it.
D.C. resident readies for city hall recall effort; Joint effort in Virginia to challenge Romney, Paul certifications; Perry files ballot suit in Va.; Some Va. Assembly bills appear ghostwritten; Norton calls for full audit of Union Station; Va. merchants push for Amazon to pay state sales tax; More speed cameras planned for Prince George's; Maryland lawmaker wants to ban Internet 'sweepstakes' gambling.
Alison Krauss & Union Station needed songs _ bad.
Metro's board of directors on Thursday withdrew a proposal to add a 5-cent surcharge on trips to and from Union Station to pay for improvement projects. Board members said more research and input is needed.
With 27 Grammy Awards under her belt and a new swell of fans, Alison Krauss is at the pinnacle of her career. She's the queen of bluegrass. Where do you go once you've reached the throne?