- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
Topic - United Nations Foundation
The United Nations Foundation is a public charity, created in 1998 with Ted Turner’s $1 billion gift to support UN causes and activities. It is an advocate for the UN and a platform for connecting people, ideas, and resources to help the United Nations solve global problems. - Source: Wikipedia
Air pollution kills 7 million people a year, according to a new report from the World Heath Organization, and more than half of those come from indoor cooking. A humble little appliance may be the solution.
Through social media and by leveraging business' efforts at charitable donations, a new initiative dubbed #GivingTuesday aims to mark official kickoff to the giving season. It seeks to make an impact in the same vein as Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Richard A. Holbrooke, a brilliant and feisty U.S. diplomat who wrote part of the Pentagon Papers, was the architect of the 1995 Bosnia peace plan and served as President Obama's special envoy to Pakistan and Afghanistan, died Monday, an administration official said. He was 69.