- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
United Press International
Latest United Press International Items
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, famous around the world for his admitted smokes of the crack cocaine pipe, which he then blamed on his intoxication, now has a new flap to face: He incorrectly told constituents to turn back the clocks for daylight saving time, not forward.
Family members say the former president of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences has died in Oceanside, Calif.
Playing with Barbie can limit a girl's view of her own career potential, compared to that of boys. Playing with Mrs. Potato Head doesn't have that same effect, according to researchers at Oregon State University.
Regular beer may have a 5 percent alcohol content level -- but MillerCoors is bringing out the booze for the millennials, upping the alcohol level to 6.9 percent to hopefully compete with the spirit-consuming crowd.
The sister-in-law of an English woman who died and left her fortune to the Conservative Party is crying foul, saying the entire family was liberal-minded and the political betrayal smacked of "spite."
Joe Finnigan, a veteran Hollywood reporter who chronicled the comings and goings of stars such as John Wayne, Frank Sinatra and even Lassie during a decades-long career, has died at age 88, his family said Thursday.
A 14-year-old girl in Maine was treated for second-degree burns after her Apple iPhone caught fire while in her pants pocket.
Queen Elizabeth’s staffers have been spending up a storm, frittering away money that’s supposed to be used for palace upkeep, a British committee found.
Sen. Rand Paul said congressional gridlock is not due so much to a failure to get along, but rather to lawmakers’ attempts to find more common ground than they should.