- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
United States Congress
Latest United States Congress Items
Iraqi lawmakers have collected their $90,000 stipend, they're raking in $22,500 a month in salaries and allowances, and they're spending free nights in Baghdad's finest hotel — and they've only worked about 20 minutes this year, without passing a single law.
The U.S. Congress has been under the control of the Democratic Party for nearly four years now. The entitlement programs, which are the biggest cause of the $13.7 trillion national debt, give us annual deficits now in the trillions, in addition to rapidly growing unfunded liabilities that now stand at $110 trillion. These are all programs of the Democratic Party, controlled by the progressives since the early 1900s. The progressives have also infected Republicans, and they have been recklessly spending for a while now.
The campaign signs plastered across Virginia's 5th Congressional District have become a minor cult phenomenon: "Hurt U.S. Congress," they say.
Rep. Jim Langevin, who is paralyzed from the chest down, presided over the House for the first time on Monday to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Democrats are committed to attacking our First Amendment rights by passing a bill that will limit freedom of speech for groups with whom they disagree. It is a tragedy that our lawmakers would rather rig the system in their favor than fulfill their elective responsibility of upholding and protecting the Constitution. This sorry spectacle confirms the importance of ensuring that our governmental system adheres to the Constitution.
Shock and awe — we are living it! We stand, mouth agape, staring at the pump — at $4 gallons and fast-emptying pocketbooks. Even worse, with crude oil already costing more than $120 a barrel, many predict this wave has yet to crest.
Shock and awe we are living it! We stand, mouth agape, staring at the pump at $4 gallons and fast-emptying pocketbooks. Even worse, with crude oil already costing more than $120 a barrel, many predict this wave has yet to crest.