- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
United States Department Of Defense
Latest United States Department Of Defense Items
The Defense Department and the Veterans Affairs Department are moving too slowly to integrate medical records into a system that would speed up treatment for veterans, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said Wednesday.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is taking another look at the case of a Marine sergeant who fell on a grenade, smothering the blast and saving the lives of his squadmates in Iraq, but who has been denied the Medal of Honor by the two previous defense secretaries.
Turns out the federal government has a hankering of its own for turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
In an escalating standoff reminiscent of the Cold War, China on Tuesday responded angrily to news that two U.S. B-52 bombers had flown over a contested chain of islands in the East China Sea without first alerting Beijing — just days after China unilaterally announced an expanded air-defense zone around the islands.
Susan E. Rice, the White House national security adviser, met with Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Monday in Kabul, while the Pentagon urged the leader to change his mind and sign a security pact that would allow thousands of American troops to stay in the country beyond a 2014 withdrawal deadline.
Law enforcement departments around the nation have been scooping up military castoffs, bolstering their crime-fighting units with "intimidating" surplus supplies — such as 18-ton, armor-protecting fighting vehicles.
Members of Congress on Friday challenged a military policy that bans troops who have illegal immigrant spouses or children, saying it amounts to unfair discrimination against people who are volunteering to serve their country.
In a recent editorial cartoon, President Obama is portrayed as a football coach telling a suited-up female player, "Good news! We want you on the front lines." Don't laugh. "Coach Obama" really does intend to send unwilling women into ground combat infantry teams, which face far more violence than pro football.
The Obama administration is funding a joint nuclear security center in Beijing designed to stem nuclear weapons proliferation — despite recent state-run media reports showing Beijing's plans to hit U.S. cities with nuclear missiles that would kill millions of Americans during a conflict.