- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
United States Department Of Labor
Latest United States Department Of Labor Items
From proposals aimed at poor Americans to accusing the GOP of a "war on women," President Obama and fellow Democrats want to cordon off key blocs of voters ahead of the midterm elections, and they expanded that effort Thursday to middle-class workers by targeting overtime pay.
Pennsylvania's unemployment rate dropped in January to its lowest rate since 2008, although hiring remained flat, according to new figures released Friday.
Seven Democratic members of Congress are urging the Labor Department to change a proposed rule that they say would harm black-lung patients.
Some 300 users of the state labor department's online career center have been targeted in an apparent scam by someone who fraudulently used an employer's identification information to impersonate a business.
A program to help jobless veterans has found employment for a fraction of eligible workers since its launch two years ago.
A Moody's economist who appeared on MSNBC on Friday told Chuck Todd that the weak jobs report by the Labor Department was caused by cold weather.
Authorities say a former state Labor Department employee diverted more than $60,000 in unemployment benefits intended for other people into her personal bank account.
Republican House leaders had pledged a thorough investigation after allegations of a hostile workplace were made against the directors of Missouri's agriculture and labor departments.
Hawaii's unemployment rate rose to a seasonally adjusted 4.5 percent last month.