- Hawaii gives residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
United States Department Of The Interior
Latest United States Department Of The Interior Items
The U.S. Department of the Interior on Tuesday announced that it has sent nearly 16,000 new offers to owners of parcels on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota as it tries to buy back land that was given to individual Oglala Sioux Tribe members more than a century ago and return it to the tribe as a whole.
Regulations to implement legislation passed during the William Howard Taft administration are just now getting around to being implemented, some 103 years later. Taft signed the Buy Indian Act into law on June 25, 1910, to give an economic boost to American Indian populations on reservations.
The Obama administration Interior Department has extended a temporary ban on the filing of new mining claims near the Grand Canyon with an eye toward protecting 1 million acres and giving the federal government more time to study the economic and environmental effects of mining.