- ‘X-Men’ director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing a boy
- Tennessee ammunition site explodes, killing 1
- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
united states department of transportation
Latest united states department of transportation Items
The Transportation Department says it could take one to three months to clear debris from the mile-long stretch of Highway 530 covered by the Oso mudslide. It blocks direct access between Darrington and the Interstate 5 corridor.
The state Transportation Department is making $40 million available to fix potholes in roads ravaged by the harsh winter, the agency announced Wednesday.
The heads of the Federal Aviation Administration and the federal Transportation Department are scheduled to come to North Dakota next month.
State transportation officials are doing some preliminary research before they can dig a giant pit in downtown Seattle to repair the tunnel boring machine known as Bertha.
More equipment and manpower are needed for highway officials to improve their immediate responses to winter weather conditions in Arkansas, the director of the state Highway and Transportation Department said Tuesday.
The stalled Highway 99 tunnel under downtown Seattle could be late but still meet its budget, the governor's expert review panel said Thursday in a report.
The Alaskan Way Viaduct has sunk nearly half-an-inch at one location where a machine has been boring a highway tunnel under downtown Seattle.
There's been a compromise on the heated issue of cutting trees in the median of Interstate 26 northwest of Charleston.
The Washington state Transportation Department says that, as expected, the contractors digging a highway tunnel under downtown Seattle will repair a seal system on the tunneling machine by digging a shaft in front of it.