- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
united states department of transportation
Latest united states department of transportation Items
The Transportation Department says it could take one to three months to clear debris from the mile-long stretch of Highway 530 covered by the Oso mudslide. It blocks direct access between Darrington and the Interstate 5 corridor.
The state Transportation Department is making $40 million available to fix potholes in roads ravaged by the harsh winter, the agency announced Wednesday.
The heads of the Federal Aviation Administration and the federal Transportation Department are scheduled to come to North Dakota next month.
State transportation officials are doing some preliminary research before they can dig a giant pit in downtown Seattle to repair the tunnel boring machine known as Bertha.
More equipment and manpower are needed for highway officials to improve their immediate responses to winter weather conditions in Arkansas, the director of the state Highway and Transportation Department said Tuesday.
The stalled Highway 99 tunnel under downtown Seattle could be late but still meet its budget, the governor's expert review panel said Thursday in a report.
The Alaskan Way Viaduct has sunk nearly half-an-inch at one location where a machine has been boring a highway tunnel under downtown Seattle.
There's been a compromise on the heated issue of cutting trees in the median of Interstate 26 northwest of Charleston.
The Washington state Transportation Department says that, as expected, the contractors digging a highway tunnel under downtown Seattle will repair a seal system on the tunneling machine by digging a shaft in front of it.