- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
United States Marine Corps
Latest United States Marine Corps Items
A new congressional report spells out in detail how the military would become "hollow" if Congress' super committee fails to agree on deficit reductions and $1 trillion in automatic spending cuts kick in.
Navy offensive lineman John Dowd isn't sticking out like a sore thumb at practice this week.
Tuesday marked the official end of the Defense Department's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. As would be expected, there was a spate of opinion articles by newly liberated active-duty service personnel celebrating their newfound freedom to be who they really are. Make no mistake, this issue is not about acceptance; it is about the desperate compulsion that some in the homosexual community have to celebrate their lifestyle. That is the problem: It is all about them, not the country, not their service and not their comrades.
Saturday is Constitution Day, and it's big doings at 2,650-acre Montpelier, an architectural gem in the verdant hills of Virginia and home of "Father of the Constitution" James Madison.
The 20-hour insurgent assault on the heavily guarded Afghan capital left 27 dead — including police, civilians and attackers — when fighting finally ended on Wednesday morning, officials said.
By day he's a Marine, Lance Cpl. Derek Meitzer. By night he's D'Meitz, an up-and-coming rapper in D.C.'s underground scene. Can the two coexist?
The Sept. 11 attacks jolted the U.S. armed forces into a new era of war-fighting in which commando strikes, intelligence collection and manhunts often overshadowed heavy armor and big bombers of yesteryear's conflicts.
Now that making fun of Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann is so yesterday, comedian Kathy Griffin is going after the Republican presidential hopeful's husband of 33 years, Marcus Bachmann.
With so many new starters, there were bound to be some nerves displayed in Navy's football season opener.