- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
United States Marine Corps
Latest United States Marine Corps Items
Yale University has agreed to bring back the ROTC for the first time in decades after Congress voted to allow gays to serve openly in the military.
The threat from Chinese advanced weapons, including new stealth fighters and ballistic missiles, dominated concerns expressed by senior military officers at a Senate hearing this week on the military impact of delays and problems with the new fifth-generation F-35 jet.
Dear Sgt Shaft: As we approach Memorial Day, please remind your readers of the VetSignia group, a small group of retired veterans who make 36 special metalized film window stickers and magnetic vehicle plaques that provide a neat, attractive way for all U.S. veterans to show their service.
"The Floor of Heaven: A True Tale of the Last Frontier and the Yukon Gold Rush" (Crown), by Howard Blum: With the West giving way to civilization, tough old birds who disdained progress and younger roosters longing for a frontier of their own looked north. Way, way north.
Osama bin Laden's death in a U.S. commando raid could shock Taliban militants, who once sheltered the al Qaeda leader, into peace talks with the Afghan government, according to Afghanistan's ambassador in Washington.
Sparking a potential showdown between Congress and the Pentagon over a weapon the Defense Department doesn't want, lawmakers Thursday supported a high-tech amphibious tank by voting to hold up funds for an alternative vehicle.
As Ken Niumatalolo gathered the Navy football team at the end of its last spring session on the Midshipmen's practice fields, he couldn't help but notice some torn up sod and stains on his players' uniforms.
The United States will deploy for the first time armed Predator drones over Libya to strike more accurately at Col. Moammar Gadhafi's forces loyal and protect civilians, especially in urban areas, defense officials said Thursday.
Quarterback Kriss Proctor goes about his business during Navy's spring practice sessions in a noncontact jersey. The sophomores vying to earn a job as the senior's immediate backup are picking up a few more bruises this month.