- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - United States Marshals Service
). Although the Marshals Service itself dates only to 1969, the office of U.S. Marshal is the oldest federal law enforcement office in the United States. - Source: Wikipedia
A Franconia man wanted for 12 years on a variety of charges related to sexual acts with minors is behind bars in Virginia after being arrested in Mexico.
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. paid tribute Monday to Deputy U.S. Marshal Derek Hotsinpiller, who was shot and killed in the line of duty last week, praising his "enthusiasm for his work, his commitment to both his duties and his colleagues, and his dedication to the things he loved most in this world."
The Senate has confirmed President Obama's pick for U.S. marshal despite opposition from criminal justice and watchdog groups upset about the nominee's ties to the private prison industry.