- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
United States Navy
Latest United States Navy Items
The mask is slipping. China no longer pretends to be a responsible international stakeholder. It is defiantly moving in the opposite direction. In recent days, it refused to soften its unfair trade and currency practices. It blocked a U.N. Commission of Inquiry into the Burmese government's crimes against its own people. It condemned the Nobel Committee for awarding the Peace Prize to imprisoned Chinese dissident Liu Xiabou and arrested his wife.
A jury in the Eastern District of Virginia convicted five Somali men on federal piracy charges on Wednesday for attacking a U.S. Navy ship off the coast of Africa.
Five Somali men accused of attacking a U.S. Navy ship off Africa's coast were convicted on federal piracy charges Wednesday, in what experts said was the first trial of its kind since the Civil War.
Brett Waldman received his share of quizzical looks at the second stage of Q-school because he had no reason to be there. He caddies for Camilo Villegas, who won the Honda Classic and earned over $3 million this year.
Bruce Willis, famous for his movie roles, believes the real stars are the military and veterans.
The Persian Gulf state of Bahrain — home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet — on Thursday began the trial of 25 activists from the country's Shiite opposition who were arrested several months ago in a wide-ranging crackdown by the Sunni-dominated government.
Bahrain's embattled Shi'ite opposition movement won big in the Persian Gulf island state's parliamentary elections, according to results announced on Sunday.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's visit to Lebanon today marks not only a historic point for the Islamic regime in Iran but also its victory over Israel and the West in gaining control of Lebanon. This reinforces for the Iranians that their philosophy of radicalism and strategy of terrorism have big payoffs.
Bahrain's ambassador to the United States told The Washington Times that she fears her country — home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet — could become the first casualty of a nuclear-armed Iran.