- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
United States Navy
Latest United States Navy Items
The Washington Navy Yard, located in Southeast Washington on the Anacostia River, is an administrative center for the Navy, housing the headquarters for several commands including Commander, Naval Installations Command, and Naval Sea Systems Command, which is located in Building 197 and is responsible for procurement and maintenance on the Navy's fleet of ships and submarines.
In the 22-year history of the U.S. launching precision airstrikes against a list of foes, its anticipated attack on Syria would be its first against a staunch ally of Iran.
The FBI has been busy lately. The same civilian special unit that captured Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in April also rescued 16-year-old Hannah Anderson from her California abductor in August — and also rescued 5-year-old Ethan from his Alabama school bus kidnapping and subsequent bunker ordeal in May.
Today's Pentagon most fears climate change
Four U.S. Navy destroyers remain ready in the Eastern Mediterranean for President Obama's call to strike the Syrian regime's military assets, each equipped with up to 90 Tomahawk cruise missiles, defense officials said Monday.
U.S. naval forces are moving closer to Syria as President Obama considers military options for responding to the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Assad government.
Under an increasingly bright spotlight, the global drone industry is gathering in Washington this week for its annual convention.
Researchers in the United States say they made a huge breakthrough on Thursday for a vaccine that prevents malaria, the disease that’s carried by mosquitoes and affects millions of people around the world.
The U.S. Navy said on Monday that divers are investigating whether they can salvage the four unarmed bombs dumped by U.S. fighter jets into Australia's Great Barrier Reef Marine Park — but in the meantime, not to worry. The ordnance is not a big threat to the environment.