- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
United States Postal Service
Latest United States Postal Service Items
Amazon is going to start delivering on Sundays, following a uniquely American philosophy of catering to customers. But not all businesses or communities follow that formula.
The Federal Aviation Administration is doing a poor job of tracking pilots and the aircraft they fly, creating serious gaps in a system that was supposed to improve aviation security following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, an internal investigation has found.
The United States Postal Service's (USPS) bottom line has been hit by the federal government itself as numerous agencies have increased their contracts with publicly traded companies instead of the Postal Service for their mailing and distribution services, the Washington Free Beacon has found.
By admitting that he used PEDs to dominate cycling and become one of the world's most marketable athletes, Lance Armstrong has weakened his defense in a series of lawsuits that could cost him more than $100 million — and may have provided an inadvertent blueprint for how to better deter high-profile athletes from doping. Forget public shame. Never mind competitive bans. Instead, get a lawyer. Then go after the money. .
I am a proud employee of the United States Postal Service (USPS). The one thing that really stuck out when I read the editorial "Delivering debt" (Thursday) was the assumption that USPS career employees have jobs for life. This is not true. Career employees have and will continue to be fired should the need arise to terminate them.
Federal agencies aren't allowed to sell or rent personal information such as names and addresses.
A Tuesday Commentary item titled "Postal Service delivers bill of goods to taxpayers" referred to the Postal Rate Commission. The independent agency that exercises regulatory oversight of the United States Postal Service is the Postal Regulatory Commission.
In 1844, Lysander Spooner, founder of a short-lived competitor to the U.S. Post Office, reasoned that the federal government had "authority to carry only such letters as individuals choose to offer them for carriage."
Studies commissioned by the United States Postal Service estimated the agency received at least three times the value of the $32 million spent sponsoring Lance Armstrong's cycling teams during their heyday.