- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
United States Senate Appropriations Subcommittee On Homeland Security
Latest United States Senate Appropriations Subcommittee On Homeland Security Items
Investigations into the U.S. Secret Service sexual misconduct scandal have been undercut by resistance from a key Democratic senator, missteps by her Republican counterpart and nepotism allegations against an embattled inspector general.
Take off your belt and shoes, empty your pockets, step through the metal detector and pay an extra $17.5 million. That is how much investigators say has been spent on "premium" salaries for Transportation Security Administration employees who have been promoted without doing any additional work.
With new leadership comes new vision. As President Obama mulls over his options for some new faces in his Cabinet, he would be wise to take a page from another revered president of the left.
The Nigerian Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram poses an "emerging threat" to the United States and is set to join other al Qaeda affiliates in plotting attacks against the U.S. homeland, a congressional panel said Wednesday.