- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
United States Senate Committee On Finance
Latest United States Senate Committee On Finance Items
Republicans and Democrats warned Thursday that with major parts of President Obama's health law scheduled to go live later this year, the Obama administration had better get it right the first time -- or else risk permanently scarring the White House's signature achievement.
Va. Gov. Bob McDonnell's transportation funding reform package was drastically rewritten Tuesday in a prickly meeting of the Senate Finance Committee, creating starkly opposing visions for overhauling highway financing system with just a dozen days left to broker a compromise.
Jack Lew, President Obama's pick to head the Treasury Department, faced several uncomfortable moments over his brief stint in the private sector, but he emerged from a Senate hearing Wednesday apparently still on track for a relatively quick confirmation by the full Senate in the coming weeks.
Twelve years ago today, when I was comptroller general of the United States and head of the Government Accountability Office, I presented testimony to the Senate Finance Committee, "Moving From Balancing the Budget to Balancing Fiscal Risk."
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley on Tuesday rolled out a measure he hopes will put the state on the path to becoming a leader in offshore wind-energy development in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley on Tuesday rolled out a measure he hopes will put the state on the path to becoming a leader in offshore wind energy development in the mid-Atlantic region.
The top Republican on the Senate Budget Committee will lead a charge to try to block White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew's prospective nomination to become Treasury secretary.
Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller said Tuesday he will consider changes to the Senate Finance Committee, if that is necessary to advance an offshore wind measure to the full Senate for debate in the upcoming legislative session.
The Senate is set to endorse legislation that both normalizes trade with Russia and highlights the discord between the two countries over human rights issues.