- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
United States Senate
Latest United States Senate Items
Virginia Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe, looking to follow through on a pledge to make his administration bipartisan, has selected a finance secretary who has served in state government under 11 governors and three longtime Democratic staffers for top-level positions.
Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican and U.S. Senate hopeful, said Sunday there is "no question" President Obama lied to the nation when he said Americans who like their health care plans can keep them.
In a startling rebuke to President Obama, former President Bill Clinton and other Democrats picked apart Obamacare on Tuesday as privacy concerns about the program's website multiplied and a video investigation suggested fraudulence among volunteers helping people enroll for government subsidies.
Only morality-free behavior would be allowed
Sen. Lindsey Graham threatened Monday to hold up all nominations for federal government positions until survivors of last year's deadly attack on the diplomatic post in Libya appear before Congress.
The Senate's non-discrimination act grants special status because of sexual preference
The cruelty of fetal dismemberment is fostering palliative measures
The long road to a possible victory in the race for Virginia's attorney general began when Mark D. Obenshain was a teenager.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie cruised to re-election Tuesday, giving Republicans a bright spot in an off-year election, while Terry McAuliffe eked out an unexpectedly close win against Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II in the race for Virginia governor.