- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
United States Senate
Latest United States Senate Items
Liberals love coercion. They think they're smarter than the rest of us. If they didn't, they wouldn't expend so much effort inventing new rules and laws for our betterment.
Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum says Mitt Romney's initial reaction to a question about a contraception measure in the U.S. Senate shows he's not conservative "at the core."
The U.S. Senate has defeated a Republican effort to roll back President Barack Obama's policy on contraception insurance coverage.
Sen. Olympia J. Snowe, Maine Republican, surprisingly announced Tuesday she won't seek a fourth term, citing the increasingly bitter and partisan nature of Capitol Hill.
A Democratic campaign consultant says former U.S. Sen. Bob Kerrey is reconsidering his decision not to run for Nebraska's open U.S. Senate seat this year.
When Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania endorsed moderate Arlen Specter over conservative Pat Toomey in the state's GOP Senate primary in 2004, the head of the conservative Club for Growth predicted "our members won't forget that for a very long time."
In 2007, while still a member of the U.S. Senate, Barack Obama said, "I am absolutely convinced that culture wars are just so '90s. Their days are growing dark."
The Texas Supreme Court on Friday denied Mike Leach's appeal in his wrongful termination lawsuit against Texas Tech.
The fight between Mike Leach and Texas Tech isn't over yet.