- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
United States Senate
Latest United States Senate Items
Kentucky Democrat Jack Conway reported Tuesday he surpassed Republican Rand Paul in second-quarter fundraising in their race for a U.S. Senate seat but needed to loan his campaign hundreds of thousands to reach the $1.4 million mark.
U.S. Senate candidate Alvin Greene is making his first public speaking appearance in South Carolina since his unexpected Democratic nomination a month ago.
This may be the year for conservatives to fight the "establishment," but that certainly doesn't mean that every right-leaning newcomer is preferable to long-standing conservatives. Conservative leaders make a big mistake if they don't rally around just such a stalwart, the ever-reliable Bill McCollum, in his race for governor of Florida.
The recent ruling reviving the long, bitter debate over the Yucca Mountain waste storage plan has added an element of surprise to a U.S. Senate race in Nevada already on the verge of going nuclear.
The heads of President Obama's national debt commission are painting a gloomy picture as the nation struggles to get its spending under control.
Lady Gaga recently beat out President Obama in the number of Facebook "friends" she accumulated - 11.9 million for the chanteuse versus 10.4 million for the president.
Family, friends and employees are saying farewell to Sen. Robert C. Byrd at his funeral at Arlington National Cemetery on Tuesday morning.
Hours before the deadline to file for candidacy, incumbent Democrat Doug Gansler is the only one on the ballot for Maryland attorney general.
Bill Warner is hardly a naive man.