- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
University Of California At San Diego
Latest University Of California At San Diego Items
Pro-life groups, which are eager to end research that destroys human embryos, are taking heart that funding decisions in two of the nation's most socially liberal states are going their way.
China's leaders finished a closely watched policy meeting Tuesday with a promise to give market forces a bigger role in the country's state-dominated economy but failed to produce dramatic reforms to overhaul a worn-out growth model.
A 58-year-old dean at the University of California was killed during a luxury safari in Tanzania after he fell in the path of stampeding elephants – 50 of them – and grieving colleagues at the college say they’re shocked, to say the least.
Japanese troops will converge on California's southern coast in the next two weeks as part of a military exercise with U.S. troops aimed at improving that country's amphibious attack abilities.
A recent study by a group of researchers at the University of California at San Diego may blow a hole right through New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg's theory on soda contributing to obesity.
That vote you're about to cast may have been set in motion long ago — going all the way back to your birth and early years, when your genes and your developing brain helped determine whether you leaned conservative or liberal and how strongly you tilted that way.
The Drug Enforcement Administration issued an apology Wednesday to a California student who was picked up during a drug raid and left in a holding cell for several days without food, water or access to a toilet.
Researchers may have discovered traces of a lost mural by Leonardo da Vinci by poking a probe through cracks in a 16th-century fresco painted on the wall of one of the most famous buildings in Florence.
Two years after it burst onto the political scene, the tea party is getting a critical eye from political science academics who say the movement generally is populated by knowledgeable and religiously devout voters, but they are hypocritical and more likely to be motivated by "racial resentment."